6.12.2009

Lost in the forest: 95% of blogs are abandoned

Why do you blog? Think you're going to make your millions? Just want to get something off your chest? Personal reasons? More lofty goals? If you pinned me down for my answer to that question--and my multiple blog-projects--I'd have to tell you that I still haven't figured that one out. Okay, okay, I do know. Well, I kinda know, but how to explain? Hmm. Blogging successfully is hard to do. It takes a vision, dedication, persistence, and patience. Have you ever started a blog only to abandon it or lose interest? Has your blog succeeded in its mission? Do you faithfully post to your blog(s)? A recent New York Times article says that most blogs are abandoned: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/07/fashion/07blogs.html

Tell me why you blog and whether you think you've succeeded; I'd love to know.

2 comments:

Angelj052@gmail.com said...

Hello, I blog for fun on my main blog. I have another blog for making money called Angel's review. What I notice is people disappear for weeks then come back and are blogging as if they have never let!
How are you? Is school out?

Michele said...

Well Angel, I think you about called it. I must say I've come across plenty of blogs that look abandoned completely, too. School's out for the summer, hallelujah!