1.13.2009

Randomly Inspired Smartassness

No doubt you are lurking here, reading this, looking at the name of this blog, and thinking, why ever the silly name? First, if you must know, it is pretty descriptive of the way my brain works; ask my family, they're still wondering when I'll grow up. (Never.) But there is a better inspiration for the cheekiness, besides my random smartassness. Well then, without further ado, here is my inspiration. Hope you enjoy; don't bother trying to understand it unless your name is Sydney Louise.



For Sydney Louise
random thoughts, from a random aunt

By Michele Beller

Purple-pink teddy bears
are cordially invited, to a birthday tea.
With Ariel, Tinker Bell, and little brother Kevin.

And don’t forget a special guest
our favorite cupcake Hello Kitty!
Dressed to eat in pretty pink frosting.

She is six going on sixteen
such a beauty, such a Queen.
And she’s much, much, more: she's sassy, she’s smart, and oh! so sexy.

Shiny head of curli-cues
sweet, sweet voice of Minnie Mouse
or, Girl on Helium.

A Fashionista Dee-vine!
In lovely groovy bell-bottoms
and matching sequined purple purses.

When I die, I’m going to leave you
all my high-heeled shoes
and, all my books.

Multi-colored crayons draw
kaleidoscopic rainbows
all by my niece Sydney, a most gifted artist.

I collect them all, to some day make
a great big, giant rainbow.
So that I can climb, into the sky, with diamonds.

It’s all in the mind y’know, that’s what Ringo says
and I’m in back, head in the clouds
then I’m gone!

Oh, yes, and by the way
thank-you for the flowers, and the lovely sea-shells
adorning Lindie's resting-place, in the purple sky.

Alice, in Wonderland, a very silly girl
says in honor of your grandma and the color pink
I'm going to call you Squeezie! Just because.

Go to bed! It’s very late
the Princess looks like Grumpy Bear, early in the morning.
Oh! Thank goodness! There is no need to dress for school.

But my, oh, my, what do I smell? Rebelliousness
brewing, in the coffee-pot.
Please watch out, mama! This coffee can be hot.

And oh, this pink and purple flower’s
blossoming so fast. Like O'Keefe: so beautiful!
A passionate Purple Petunia.

In the beautiful Garden, of Strawberry Fields, with Strawberry Shortcake
everyone smiles, as they drift past the Petunia
that grows so incredibly high.

She's growing up, yes she is, and soon, she’ll either be: One,
a high-class Burlesque dancer;
Two, even higher! The first female President.

2 comments:

IraFromSyosset said...

I like this! Being a dad and uncle I know how you feel. I enjoy how you put those feelings to words and ideas.

Michele said...

Thanks, Ira! If you knew my neice Sydney, it would all make sense. Otherwise, it's just random, but that's perfect; that's me!