8.13.2011

Richard Wright's Black Boy

Richard Wright's Black Boy (American Hunger): A Casebook (Casebooks in Criticism)Richard Wright's Black Boy (American Hunger): A Casebook by Douglas Taylor

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I just finished (in two evenings) an earlier version of this book, which I picked up from the library. Interestingly, I just realized I probably got the short version of the book. So I bought this one. I didn't even know that Wright had been compelled to publish a version that only included the first two-thirds of his original manuscript. Wright's prose is compelling, no matter how fictionalized this "autobiography" is -- he certainly is able to communicate his message and elicit the desired response.



View all my reviews

1 comment:

bpb said...

I think if you added some pictures, than you could add a hyperlink to the image and it would help create a successful blog Thank you for posting